E-mail from Doug Lormand - June 26, 2003: Here's what I discovered about the magnetometers at LLO during S2. Initially, the LVEA and EY fluxgates where operating as well as the coil magnetometers. The EX magnetometer was not operating. The EX fluxgate was connected but it was registering an erroneous signal. On February 16th at about 13:15 UTC, we lost the EY fluxgate's signal. Checking the elog I found that there was a problem with the DAQ which required several reboots. I believe is was the ASC epics processor. We lost the Y-end fluxgate during these reboots. There was one more glitch in the magnetometer data on March 7th, but that was due to the power outage. So to summarize, the LVEA fluxgate and the coil magnetometers were the only magnetometers that were recording good data during S2. So a magnetometer in the corner station and one set of coils near the Y-end were functional. The Y-end fluxgate was working for two days before it went inoperative. The X-end fluxgate was not functional during S2. If you need any other information please let me know, Doug Lormand